The Shell Lake Arts Center seeks a Bookkeeper to begin on October 1, 2022. Qualified applicants should apply in writing by September 15, 2022 to Pat Barnett , Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Bookkeeper
Position Term: 01 October 2022 to 31 December 2023
Position Salary: $20 per hour
October 1-June 9 5 Hours Per week
June 10-August 12 10 Hours Per week
August 12-December 31 5 Hours Per week
The Bookkeeper is an employee of the Shell Lake Arts Center and reports to the Executive Director. The bookkeeper is a team member in conjunction with the Finance Committee for the financial management and budgetary oversight of the Shell Lake Arts Center. The candidate should possess excellent computer skills and a knowledge of Not-for-profit organizations and their governing principles.
The Bookkeeper will:
- Utilize Gmail, Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, and Google Spreadsheets to complete tasks required of the position.
- Review all payment requisitions as submitted by the Executive Director and ensure compliance with Arts Center Policies and Governmental regulations.
- Be cognizant of bill due dates and process payment in a timely manner.
- Process payroll for year round staff and itinerant faculty and staff members.
- Process monthly and quarterly taxes (State, Federal, & Unemployment).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports as required by the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Attend meetings of the Finance Committee as an ex-officio member to report on the financial status of the Shell Lake Arts Center.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director to update the Arts Center’s financial status.
- Assist in yearly budget submission for approval by the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will possess:
- An eye for detail.
- The ability to communicate financial data in a clear way.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Strong payroll and accounting skills, using Quickbooks and Microsoft excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, using Gmail and Google spreadsheets..
Please submit resume and contact information for at least two references to
Shell Lake Arts Center
PO Box 315
Shell Lake, WI 54871
Email to email@example.com
Deadline: All applications must be received in the Arts Center Office by September 15, 2022
Notification: Applicants will be contacted once all applications have been reviewed.
Questions: For more information, contact Patrick Barnett at 715-468-2414 or Pbarnett@shelllakeartscenter.org.
The Wisconsin Fair Employment Law prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of: age (40+), ancestry, arrest or conviction record, color, creed, handicap or disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or membership in any reserve component of the United States or state military forces. In addition, harassment, retaliation, and unfair honesty testing are illegal under the law. (Wis. Fair Employment Law, ss 111.31 to 111.395, Wis. Stats.)