May 20th with performances at 11am and 12pm
We’re Hiring Kitchen Staff for this Summer!
Shell Lake Arts Center
Position Title: Food Service Staff
Position Term: 11 June 2023 to 12 August 2023
Position Salary: $8.50 to $13 per hour (10 to 30 hours per week)
The Food Service Staff is an employee of the Shell Lake Arts Center and reports to the Kitchen Manager. The food service staff is responsible for preparing and serving meals to the campers, faculty and staff attending Summer Camp at the Shell Lake Arts Center. They are also responsible for cleaning kitchen facilities to maintain expectations of both the Shell Lake Arts Center and Wisconsin Department of Public Health.
- Cook, prepare and serve meals to campers, faculty, and staff
- Wash and sanitize dishes, utensils, pots, pans, trays in compliance with health department regulations
- Clean cafeteria and board room.
- Assist the Kitchen Manager in preparation of all meals
- Any other duties necessary as determined by the Kitchen Manager or Administration
- Must possess strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of employees, campers, and faculty.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, transfer hot pans from ovens to serving area and work under pressure
- Knowledge of cleanliness and proper handling of food products
- Knowledge of large quantity cooking
- Must Submit to a criminal background check
Fill out and return the Summer Kitchen Staff application, along with contact information for at least two references to:
Shell Lake Arts Center
PO Box 315
Shell Lake, WI 54871
Deadline: Applications will be accepted by the Arts Center Office until May 25, 2023 or until all available positions have been filled.
Questions: For more information, contact Alyssa Degner at 715-468-2414 or Adegner@shelllakeartscenter.org.
The Shell Lake Arts Center provides equal opportunities and affirmative action in programs and employment. The Center does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, developmental disability, national origin and ancestry, marital status, arrest record, or non-employment related conviction record. Employment is contingent upon establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.